Saturday, May 28, 2011

Gorgeous weekend for gardening!

square foot gardeningAt long last, we have a weekend where there's NO RAIN IN OHIO!

(well, so far, anyway!)

Today is busy with some pre-listing work, but I'm hoping to get my hands dirty for a while this evening and spend a good few hours weeding tomorrow. I am a follower of the "square foot gardening" philosophy, so after the weeding is done, I need to re-plot my grid and plan what I'm going to put in each space.

As it currently stands, the strawberry patch is covered in leaves (thanks, kids! *grumble!*) and the strawberries have wandered into 3 other raised beds. The weeds have taken over EVERY bed and the spiders are having a field day.

Needless to say, I REALLY have my work cut out for me!

I'm hoping the before and after pics I'll be taking will reveal a wonderful transformation!

No comments:

Post a Comment