Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

Here we are...the last day of a very....interesting....year!  My family will celebrate it as we always do, by heading to my parents' house for movies, cheese and veggie trays, and lots of fried appetizer foods!  It doesn't sound all that exciting, but we do look forward to it every year.  

I always take my tarot deck and do 12-month readings for family members.  Over gooey mozzarella sticks and crunchy sauerkraut balls, they take notes and joke about what the cards say is in store for them, and they reflect on last year's reading and comment on the things that did happen as predicted.  It is a great time for us to sit and recall the good times and bad from the previous year and share the wonderment we feel over what is to come.

This year, my husband, myself, and my Mom are feeling a bit under the weather, so I don't think we'll all last until the ball drops.  This will be the first year that's happened that I can even remember.  But we'll be together in spirit, even if we've all gone home and tucked ourselves in bed when midnight arrives and 2011 begins. 

Wishing you all the very best that 2011 has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment